Herbs of Gold Pregnancy Plus 1-2-3 is a multi-nutritional formula, to assist in maintaining the health of both mother and baby during preconception, pregnancy and breastfeeding.
- Pregnancy Plus 1-2-3 is a multi-nutritional formula containing vitamins, minerals and nutrients to assist in maintaining the health of both mother and baby during preconception, pregnancy and breastfeeding.
- Pregnancy Plus 1-2-3 has been formulated to be taken twice a day, to enable optimal levels of nutrients to be taken conveniently to help meet the increased nutritional demands during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
- Comes in an easy to swallow tablet with a subtle vanilla flavour and smell for those with taste and smell hypersensitivities of pregnancy.
- Folic acid, which if taken daily for one month before conception and during pregnancy, may reduce the risk of women having a child with birth defects of the brain and/or spinal cord such as the neural tube defects known as spina bifida and anencephaly.
- Iodine deficiency is re-emerging as a significant problem in Australia and New Zealand and recent research has identified Australian pregnant and breastfeeding women to be at risk of iodine deficiency. Iodine requirements are increased during pregnancy and adequate maternal iodine levels are important for healthy brain development. To meet the increased demands of pregnancy, it is recommended that iodine supplementation be taken prior to trying to conceive and throughout pregnancy and breastfeeding.
- Choline plays a key role in foetal development. Choline is required for the healthy development of the brain and nervous system during pregnancy and whilst breastfeeding.
- Iron requirements are increased during pregnancy and iron is necessary for the formation of haemoglobin which transports oxygen in red blood cells to the tissues.
- Contains naturally sourced betacarotene which is converted to vitamin A in the body and is an alternative to vitamin A supplementation during pregnancy.
- Zinc is an essential trace element that plays an important role in growth and development. Zinc deficiency is common in pregnant and lactating women and is important for DNA replication, cell division and growth.
- Folic acid, vitamin B12 and biotin are important for DNA replication, cell division and growth.
- Vitamins B6, B12 and folic acid are necessary for oxygen transport in red blood cells so assist in maintaining normal blood.
- Folic acid and vitamin B12 are necessary for the production of red blood cells.
- Vitamin D increases the absorption of calcium and phosphorous, therefore playing a role in the development of healthy bones.
- Chromium plays a role in the maintenance of normal, healthy sugar metabolism in healthy individuals.
- Vitamins B1, B2, B5 and nicotinamide assist in energy production to help support the increased energy demands of pregnancy and lactation.
- Assists in general well-being prior to conception and during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
- Helps maintain normal and healthy infant development.
Adults – Take 1 tablet, twice daily, with food, or as directed by your health professional.
Advise your doctor of any medicine you take during pregnancy, particularly in your first trimester.
If you are concerned about the health of yourself of your baby, talk to your health practitioner.
Contains vitamin B6. Stop taking this medication if you experience tingling, burning or numbness and see your healthcare practitioner as soon as possible.
Do not exceed the stated dose except on medical advice. If you have had a baby with a neural tube defect/spina bifida, seek specific medical advice.
This product contains selenium which is toxic in high doses. A daily dose of 150 micrograms for adults of selenium from dietary supplements should not be exceeded.
Vitamin and mineral supplements should not replace a balanced diet.
Each tablet contains:
|Thiamine nitrate (vitamin B1)||20mg|
|Riboflavin (vitamin B2)||20mg|
|equiv. Pantothenic acid (vitamin B5) 18.3mg|
|equiv. Pyridoxine (vitamin B6) 41.1mg|
|Calcium folinate||69.4 micrograms|
|equiv. Folinic acid 50 micrograms|
|Folic acid||200 micrograms|
|Mecobalamin (co-methylcobalamin) (vitamin B12)||250 micrograms|
|Ascorbic acid (vitamin C)||50mg|
|equiv. vitamin D3 500IU|
|Mixed (low-alpha type) Tocopherols concentrate||5mg|
|Calcium phosphate equiv. calcium||25mg|
|Calcium pantothenate equiv. calcium||1.7mg|
|TOTAL ELEMENTAL CALCIUM 26.7mg|
|Chromium picolinate equiv. chromium||25 micrograms|
|Iron amino acid chelate equiv. iron||5mg|
|Magnesium amino acid chelate equiv. magnesium||20mg|
|Manganese amino acid chelate equiv. manganese||1mg|
|Molybdenum trioxide equiv. molybdenum||25 micrograms|
|Potassium iodide equiv. iodine||135 micrograms|
|Selenomethionine equiv. selenium||25 micrograms|
|Zinc citrate dihydrate equiv. zinc||10mg|
|Does not contain egg, milk, peanut, tree nuts, gluten, lactose or artificial colours, flavours or preservatives.|